The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is laser gum surgery used by Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow to treat moderate to severe periodontal disease. The procedure is easy, fast, and only minimally painful when compared to traditional treatments in Newport, KY.
Curious to learn more about this revolutionary, state-of-the-art procedure?
Gum disease is connected to many health problems including low birth weight babies and heart disease. The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is a new treatment option implementing the latest technology available. Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow uses LANAP® to repair gums and to help prevent loose teeth more effectively than traditional treatments, leading to better overall health in Florence & Ft. Thomas, KY.
LANAP® is cutting edge technology that introduces an improved method of treating moderate to severe gum disease. Gum disease has been connected to a number of health issues that millions of people in the United States, and worldwide, suffer from. Some of these health issues include heart disease, pancreatic cancer, diabetes, low birth weight babies, and other systemic conditions.
The procedure uses a highly advanced laser called the PerioLase® MVP-7™. With this laser, Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow able to eradicate bacteria found under the gums that cause gum disease. LANAP® is also a minimally painful, effective way to treat gum disease. It does so by removing bacteria and diseased tissue while leaving healthy tissue alone.
LANAP® also effectively works to reduce the gum recession that is commonly associated with traditional treatment. With this procedure, inflammation is reduced by 90 percent because the PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets bacteria in the mouth while leaving healthy tissue alone. It also lessens the bleeding that is associated with traditional surgery. With LANAP®, we can often save teeth that may have otherwise been deemed hopeless.
The procedure also has been scientifically proven to regenerate the bone around the teeth. LANAP® has been FDA cleared and has extensive research and positive scientific results to support its success. If you are suffering from gum disease, ask Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow if LANAP® is right for you in Florence & Ft. Thomas, KY.
The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is laser gum surgery used by Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow to treat moderate to severe periodontal disease. The procedure is easy, fast, and only minimally painful when compared to traditional treatments.
This minimally invasive treatment removes bacteria and diseased tissues while leaving healthy tissues unharmed. There is no need for stitches with LANAP® and most patients can resume their daily activities the same day!
Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow specifically trained and certified to provide LANAP®. The steps of the procedure are outlined below so that you know what to expect during your treatment.
1. Measurement of pockets. Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow will use a small dental ruler to measure the depths of your periodontal pockets. These pockets form as the tissues and bone begin to breakdown as a result of periodontal disease, and loss of attachment between the gums and the tooth root occur. Measuring the depths tells Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow how much loss of attachment has occurred.
2. The laser eliminates bacteria. Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow will then use a pulsed laser light to remove diseased tissue from the periodontal pockets. The laser also kills the bacteria that cause the disease. The laser light cannot be absorbed in water, healthy tissue, root, or bone. This allows Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow to offer their patients treatment that is minimally invasive and more comfortable than traditional treatments.
3. Removal of calculus. Calculus, or tartar, is hard deposits that accumulate on the tooth surfaces. It is removed from the root surfaces of the teeth from under the gum line with ultrasonic scaling instruments. The laser used in the previous step denatures the calculus for easier removal by the ultrasonic scalers.
4. A clot is formed. Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow will use the laser again to stimulate the soft tissue, root, and bone at the bottom of the pockets. Not only does this encourage healing and growth, but it makes the blood sticky which is used to seal the gums around the teeth.
5. The tissue is recompressed. Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow will recompress the tissue against the teeth. No sutures are required to further seal the treated area.
6. Adjustment of the bite. In the last step, Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow will adjust the bite to evaluate for trauma to the teeth. This is particularly important in patients with significant bone loss.
Treatment for periodontal disease in Newport, KY has never been so easy. Call Dr. Ryan Estes and Dr. Allison Marlow today to schedule your appointment!